Yesterday’s technology does not have what it takes to solve today’s problems. Unfortunately, many organizations realize this too late or do not have the proper resources and internal support to adapt quickly and efficiently.
That’s where digital transformation comes in.
Digital transformation is the process of integrating every single point of your business into a digital-first experience that optimizes operations, improves customer experience, and creates opportunities for larger revenue growth.
This might sound like just another industry buzzword, but it’s so much more than that: it’s the key to establishing yourself as a strong brand in today’s digital-first marketplace.
Understanding the Digital Transformation Framework
With heightened customer expectations, shortened attention spans, and an overly saturated competitive landscape, it is imperative to have a strong digital strategy that can set your organization apart and maximize the reach of your efforts.
Here at Agency 39A, we help clients realize their full digital potential. We believe that the key to success is to craft a 100% digital experience for every touchpoint of your brand. This includes not only your customer facing communications like a website or mobile app, but internal resources for employee experience, B2B operations, and more.
To get started with digital transformation, you need to first outline your digital strategy. Our framework at Agency 39A is to host a goal setting session with your organization that clearly defines your business objectives. Then, we do an audit of your current digital capabilities and assess any gaps in the process or opportunities to innovate. We consider your legacy tech infrastructure and how they can be modernized to not only compete with today’s products, but provide the best experience possible for your individual users.
We also create a risk profile to identify any areas of your business that may require restructuring or additional tech to support these new initiatives.
The framework looks something like this:
- What are your business goals? Think about your present-day goals and then visualize your goals five years from now — who is your company today and who do you want to be in the future? What digital practices can you adopt that will help you achieve those future goals?
- What digital channels do you currently use? Audit your current tech stack and internal capabilities to see what’s working, what’s missing, and what needs to be improved. Are there any gaps in your customer journey that would benefit from a digital-first approach? What digital technology is available today that didn’t exist five years ago? How can you take a data-driven approach to your customer journey?
- Finally, is your organization set up to adapt? What activities need to happen in order to transition to 100% digital? Are your teams aligned with this vertically-integrated vision? How fast can you get up and running?
We facilitate discussions with internal stakeholders to provide a digital transformation roadmap with recommendations for each area of your business. Then, we work with you to implement the tech lift and optimize your operations to succeed.
Digital Transformation Services
With each passing year there are more and more digital capabilities available. But, just because new tech is out there doesn’t necessarily make it a good fit for your business.
Think about your ideal business outcomes and what digital technology is best suited for the constraints of your organization. Our team at Agency 39A has our finger on the pulse of today’s most innovative tech — we can help you weigh the pros and cons to decide if a digital capability makes sense for your brand.
Conversely, perhaps there is a digital tool that has great implications for your business but you wouldn’t immediately connect to your organization. Our team of digital experts can help you realize the full potential of today’s technology and find ways to integrate digital into every element of your workflow.
Virtual reality (VR) is a great example of this. VR is often associated with the gaming industry because of its ability to transport users to other worlds and lifelike scenarios. But what if we could apply this same technology to the healthcare sector to solve unique problems in the medical industry? In fact, we did just that.
Another example: artificial intelligence (AI). Often associated with smart houses and horror movies about technology gone wrong, what if AI could be used for good? Enter our award-winning AI camera that can be used to identify pirate ships and combat human trafficking across the ocean. Currently in use by Interpol, this innovative product is a clear example of the power of digital transformation for unique user experiences.
When new tech appears on the scene, we approach it from a curious lens that asks how can this innovation make our clients’ brands better? Then we optimize your operations to make the tech make sense. Transformative technology is the process by which today’s leading brands stand out.
Digital Transformation Roadmap
The digital transformation journey begins with goal setting and extends to every department of your organization. The ultimate goal of digital transformation is to innovate in order to improve the user experience for both your internal and external users. Every area of your business will be impacted by a digital-first approach:
- Content strategy: how can you utilize big data to inform your content marketing? What digital channels should you prioritize with your new technology capabilities?
- Brand strategy: what customer expectations can you meet with a digital-focused approach?
- Web and mobile development: what digital strategies can you implement to enhance these experiences? How can you stand out from the crowd?
- Employee experience: can you utilize artificial intelligence or other digital business transformation services to improve your employees’ workflow?
- User experience: how do all of these elements tie together to optimize your overall user experience and meet customer expectations?
Benefits of Digital Transformation
When digital transformation is prioritized, the entire organization will benefit. When you align your business goals with a 100% digital-first approach, you reach new levels of innovation that help your organization create a better brand experience (which, in turn, facilitates better business outcomes).
Digital transformation can help your team reach your full digital potential and reap the benefits, including:
- Improved communication across departments, users, and industry groups
- Increased operational efficiencies with heightened revenue growth
- Improved customer experience allowing your end users to get the tools and resources they need to interact with your business along every turn of the customer journey
- Heightened competitive advantage as digital transformation allows your business to differentiate itself
Transformative technology focuses on building better user experiences, better design, better content, and better brands. Every industry can benefit from a digital transformation journey. When you invest in both digital transformation and user experience, you will have a clearly defined strategy for moving forward and excelling in today’s ever-changing business landscape.