Agency 39A is looking for a project-based (contract) Sr Program Manager with experience in UX/UI design and product development, expertise in agile/scrum processes, and the ability to manage and deliver mid to large-scale interactive website design/development project.
Program managers oversee day-to-day project activities, including management of the internal team and client communication. They’re also responsible for resourcing and financial reporting across the program. Agency 39A Program Managers are strategic and drive decision making.
- Managing desktop, web, and mobile development projects from start to finish
- Developing and managing the project plan and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans
- Active involvement with all aspects of the work: monitoring day-to-day activities of the project team and ensuring work is progressing as planned.
- Managing schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Effectively and efficiently planning and prioritizing all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Actively monitoring project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identifying needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently managing client expectations, ensuring delivery of the highest quality service, and soliciting and acting on client feedback
- Communicating and documenting project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and executive management on a regular basis; escalating issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Proactively identifying opportunities and delivering improvements; following project management methodology and project processes
- Partnering with project team leads to present work
- 5-7 years of experience managing interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation.
- Experience with the design and development websites and an understanding of web technologies and third party applications and platforms
- Mobile and social media/community experience an asset
- Experience managing project teams of 3-5 people in an agency environment
- Keen sense of UI and UX design
- Strong analytical, problem-solving & organizational abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion